Friday, August 12, 2011

Just a quick update

Last night I made it to Florence in the rain. I was pretty proud of myself as I did 60 miles in under 6 hours. The first 30 was still in the sans hills, so slow going, but the next 30 was nearly flat and the sun was covered by the clouds, so I sailed.  At some point I noticed that the red clay turned into sand and stayed sand for the rest of the duration. I also found my newest nemesis - the sand road. Damned Google and it's bicycle "shortcuts." They take 3 times longer to assail then regular roads and so far I've got three of them. Otherwise the trip was quite enjoyable. After the nice woman in Lockhart and meeting this ambiguously gay guy in Kershaw, I've decided that I'm going to take pictures of all the nice people I met along the way,  a picture below is of a group of girls I chatted with at Bojangles for a few hours yesterday.
Oh, and the other picture is of a manufactured tree forest. Trees planted in rows like crops, I thought it eerie as the rows formed multiple tunnels with light at the end of the forest.
Well, I must get going, hope to finish up tonight, I have 80 miles to go so I'll likely be riding for a while in the dark tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment